Welcome to the OK.gov Help Desk and FAQ Section

How To Use This Site  |  Contact OK.gov  |  Feedback  |  Live Help

The OK.gov Help Desk has multiple solutions to assist you in finding your Oklahoma government answers. Click the Live Help link above to speak online with one of OK.gov's representatives. OK.gov Live Help representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm (Central Standard Time) with the exception of state recognized holidays.

Frequently Asked Questions

You may also search for your answer in our frequently asked questions. Type the information you are looking for in the search box below.

FAQ Search Results

Do I need an Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number? In short, the answer is yes. That number is a unique number used to identify your business. You'll need it when registering your business with state or federal agencies. You must have an EIN if you sell goods and/or have employees. Occasionally, some sole proprietors choose to use their social security number (SSN) in lieu of an EIN; however, in today's world where identify theft is a very real threat, it's a safer bet to protect your SSN and use an EIN, even if you're a sole proprietor. Follow these simple steps to receive your FEIN fast: 1. Apply online by visiting the IRS site at www.irs.gov, or 2. Call and apply by phone. Call the IRS at 800-829-4933. 3. The IRS will only issue an EIN over the phone or online to those duly qualified as listed above. 4. Write the number you are issued and keep it in a safe place. 5. If you would prefer to file for your FEIN by mail, visit the IRS website at www.irs.gov and download the Form SS-4. Complete, sign and date the form and mail to the address shown on the form. Commerce, Department of - DOC
Business Taxes FAQs for Starting a Business Incentives and Taxes for Businesses

Still cannot find an answer to your question? Please search the entire OK.gov Web site or contact OK.gov directly for assistance